[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:56:04 -0700

Bert wrote:
> New Zealand too, they have or want to install a DBS-based
> Freeview system too. Because in those countries, they DO NOT expect 100
> percent coverage with COFDM.

That's argument is a bit of a reach.
New Zealand is very mountainous and has a significant rural population that
simply can't be economically covered by OTA service. This indeed has nothing
to do with modulation but I would wager that, watt for watt, they will
achieve more reliable OTA service using COFDM.