[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:09:34 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

John Shutt wrote:

In absolute number of OTA only viewers, who has more,
Australia or the US?

Until recently, probably Australia had more *DTT* users than the US,
although I don't know that for a fact. Absolute OTA users were certainly
more here, but most of those were analog only.

Thank you. All I asked was who had more OTA viewers in absolute numbers. I didn't specify what type of OTA.

If the US has more absolute OTA only households than Australia, which it does, then your argument regarding markets as the reason Australia has more product is proven false.

John