[opendtv] Re: Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:38:36 -0400

I never heard of Jean-Louis before so I googled him.  Here is a 1996 Wired!
magazine story about Gassee.

<http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/4.05/gassee.html?topic=&topic_set=>

The story is mostly about Gassee's launch of his BeBox computer. My favorite
quote:

"Many things we've done in our company we are doing by studying Amiga," he
adds. "That company sold 4 1/2 million units and at one point had $800
million in annual revenues." Gassée goes so far as to say his product is a
"spiritual descendant" of Amiga.

Apparently he succeeded in emulating Amiga.

John