[opendtv] Re: Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:57:07 -0700

If the idiots had only done this while Apple had had a shred of a chance of
gaining more than their current 2.3% slice of the new PC business, they
might have had a future -- instead of merely a legacy -- in the computer
business.

Upshot is good for me:  It seems like getting ActiveX controls and my visual
basic applications to work on Mac platforms (without me doing any
re-writing) will be a cinch for new macs in a year or so.

For mac users, it just means another backwards-incompatible upgrade.  What,
this will be the fourth?  Or merely the third? (PC users, going back 23
years, have never had a single one, at least at the hardware layer.)