[opendtv] Re: Apple to ditch IBM, switch to Intel chips

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:21:37 -0400

Corporate mismanagement killed the Amiga.

BeOS may have been a fair bit Amiga-like, but the hardware wasn't.  =20
The 'magic' of the Amiga was all in hardware engineering.  The =20
software was then designed to take advantage of the hardware.

As for Be, the BeBox was killed off and BeOS was subsequently ported =20
to the Wintel platform.  It then began a slow and painful death march.

One that OS X just might imitate.