[opendtv] Re: ATSC High Def Recorder

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:22:31 -0700 (PDT)

Tivo HD-DVRs (Series3 and HD) can ALSO be purchased outright with lifetime
service:
https://www3.tivo.com/store/plans.do

FYI: Lots of people continue to have problems getting a DVHS to work on their
cable system.
Hence they frequently appear on eBay at reduced rates.
And here is a refurb unit from BHPhoto:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/551828-REG/JVC_REFHMDH5U__Refurbished_HMD_H5U_D_VHS_HDTV.html
I would suggest calling them to see when they expect more new stock...

And for a lot more, you can buy "turn-key" HTPCs.....

BTW: The Hauppauge HD-PVR records HD programs to Blu-Ray disc, with HD
Component Video input
from either Cable, SAT or OTA Receiver.  [Presumably uses DTCP "5C" copy
control.]
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/hd_pvr.html

holl_ands