[opendtv] Re: ATSC High Def Recorder

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:55:21 -0700

Correct. However, it appears that the average cable/satellite STB does
not implement CEA-805-C DRM on it's HD component outputs, making
the Hauppage recorder pretty effective (at least for the present).

BTW, I should clarify my previous statement. DTCP/5C /encryption and
key exchange/ only exists on 1394 and IP connections. However, DTCP
/descriptors/ (which may control CEA-805-C DRM) can be added to
Transport Streams at any time, and are now included in cable network
satellite feeds.

Ron

Richard Hollandsworth wrote:

DRM controls (similar to DTCP "5C") are also found on the Component Video I/F, see CEA-805C:
http://hdtv.forsandiego.com/messages/1/6560.html#POST32596

Which explains why the Hauppauge C.V. I/F recorder hasn't been sued off the market....

holl_ands