[opendtv] Re: Australia to launch Freeview service

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:33:10 -0400

TiVo is moving towards an On Demand model to make revenue. Here in the States you can buy a movie on Amazon.com and have it delivered to your TiVo.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least that TiVo will partner with someone in Australia to do the same thing.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Manfredi" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

It gets weirder and weirder. You do need to set up an account with them over the Internet, though, for the EPG. Although you're right, they say it's free.

I couldn't get into the site to read the terms and conditions, because I don't have the TiVo number they ask for. So maybe they are leaving the door open to charge a fee for that Internet account, in the future?