[opendtv] Re: ATSC High Def Recorder

  • From: "Hughes Gary-DJWV76" <ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:46:07 -0400

805 specifies how you could signal copy control restrictions, but 770
stops short of specifiying any anticopy measures. CGMS-A (Macrovision)
does not apply to component outputs. This is the "analog hole".

There are some moves to allow the use of Selective Output Control on
high value content. Upscaling DVD players already enforce it and BluRay
has the capability (so far unused).

Gefen have some personal HD PVRs. No ATSC, but no computer required.

gary

Gary Hughes
Distinguished Member, Technical Staff
Advanced Engineering
Motorola On Demand Video, MA34
80 Central St.
Boxborough, MA  01719
Email: ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Office: 978 266 7269
Mobile: 978 339 3615

________________________________

        From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx> <mailto:w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 2:50 AM

        DTCP/5C only exists on IEEE1394 or IP (DLNA) connections.
        Certainly not component connections. Besides, the whole point of
        the Hauppauge HD-PVR is to get around 5C/DTCP.

        Ron

        Richard Hollandsworth wrote:

BTW: The Hauppauge HD-PVR records HD programs to Blu-Ray disc, with HD
Component Video input
from either Cable, SAT or OTA Receiver.  [Presumably uses DTCP "5C" copy
control.]
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/hd_pvr.html

holl_ands