[nikonf4] Re: It's starting....

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:58:58 -0800

I chose plasma, because that's what video pros choose to edit and show their
work. Not just any plasmas, only Panasonic units are considered the best HDTV
picture around. Sony is no longer even in the two. The second place honors go
to Samsung LDCs (with LED backlight these days.)

Bottom line, you need to look a lot at the picture quality and choose
carefully. What you like is most important. But keep in mind, they really jazz
up the picture quality in many stores so that the picture quality is so
distorted that you really can't tell what it will look like in your house. You
have to hope they did about the same to them all.

On Nov 24, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Jay Paxton wrote:

> Mark-
>
> I am looking for a big screen TV as well.
>
> Why did you choose plasma over LED/LCD?
>
> LCDs look brighter and richer color in the store.... but maybe not when
> you get home.
>
> What made up your mind?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>
> Lookout... black friday specials are starting.  And me being a patriotic
>
> american, I'm stimulating the economy.
>
> Bought the 42 inch plasma on Mon. night.  Now, I just bought a wacom
> bamboo
> tablet (their cheapest one) for $49 at newegg (with free shipping).  I
> also
> bought a bluetooth head set for $.99 after rebate.
>
> Think I'm buying a miter saw on friday (Sears and Lowes has them for
> $100
> with stand).  And a couple of gifts for people too.
>
> -MS

Eric

Jessie: And we got him a marble headstone. It had his name on it, and
underneath, we had them put, "In the Fullness of His Years." Is that all right
with you?
John Russell: I'll settle for that. I'm not on the slab.
Jessie: Well, what do you figure yours is going to read?
John Russell: "Shot Dead," probably.
Jessie: Don't people take to you, Mr. Russell?
John Russell: It only takes one who doesn't.

Dialog from the movie "Hombre"