[nikonf4] Re: It's starting....

  • From: Eric Welch <ericwelch@xxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:59:33 -0800

Speaking of which, newegg.com has a few really good sets in sale for Black
Friday.

On Nov 24, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Mark Stein wrote:

> A couple of things...
>
> First... Price.  I set a price threshold that it had to be less than $400 for
> a 37-42 inch tv.  This was the lowest price set I've seen, and it also has 2
> year interest free financing... (less than $20 a month).
>
> Also, unless you pay for the higher refresh rates, plasma is better for
> motion than LCD.
>
> I'm setting it up tomorrow... I'll let you know how it is.
>

> At 07:02 PM 11/24/2010 -0600, you wrote:
>> Mark-
>>
>> I am looking for a big screen TV as well.
>>
>> Why did you choose plasma over LED/LCD?
>>
>> LCDs look brighter and richer color in the store.... but maybe not when
>> you get home.
>>
>> What made up your mind?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jay
>>
>> Lookout... black friday specials are starting.  And me being a patriotic
>>
>> american, I'm stimulating the economy.
>>
>> Bought the 42 inch plasma on Mon. night.  Now, I just bought a wacom
>> bamboo
>> tablet (their cheapest one) for $49 at newegg (with free shipping).  I
>> also
>> bought a bluetooth head set for $.99 after rebate.
>>
>> Think I'm buying a miter saw on friday (Sears and Lowes has them for
>> $100
>> with stand).  And a couple of gifts for people too.
>>
>> -MS

Eric

- "I still can't believe this! All this hype for something so ridiculous! Who
cares about an MP3 player?"

- "All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality
Distiortion Field is starting to warp Steve's mind if he thinks for one second
that this thing is gonna take off."

- "Better bring that price down or you wont sell any of these babies"

Comments from clueless readers after the 2001 iPod introduction