[nikonf4] Re: It's starting....

  • From: Mark Stein <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikonf4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:07:59 -0500

A couple of things...

First... Price. I set a price threshold that it had to be less than $400 for a 37-42 inch tv. This was the lowest price set I've seen, and it also has 2 year interest free financing... (less than $20 a month).

Also, unless you pay for the higher refresh rates, plasma is better for motion than LCD.

I'm setting it up tomorrow... I'll let you know how it is.

At 07:02 PM 11/24/2010 -0600, you wrote:
Mark-

I am looking for a big screen TV as well.

Why did you choose plasma over LED/LCD?

LCDs look brighter and richer color in the store.... but maybe not when
you get home.

What made up your mind?

Thanks,
Jay

Lookout... black friday specials are starting.  And me being a patriotic

american, I'm stimulating the economy.

Bought the 42 inch plasma on Mon. night.  Now, I just bought a wacom
bamboo
tablet (their cheapest one) for $49 at newegg (with free shipping).  I
also
bought a bluetooth head set for $.99 after rebate.

Think I'm buying a miter saw on friday (Sears and Lowes has them for
$100
with stand).  And a couple of gifts for people too.

-MS