[muglo] Re: Netscape update; disk drives

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Muglo@Freelists. Org" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:13:59 -0500

Kathryn:

I too have and old 6400/200 along with an older iMac. For your files on the
6400 you can either simply buy a =B3crossover=B2 cable for about $20.00 and plu=
it into the ethernet port on both machines (if you have them on both
machines) and then just transfer the files from one to the other. Another
way to go is AppleTalk across the 2 which I believe can be used with wither
the Modem or Ethernet ports. The modem cable is even cheaper, around $7.50
(and if your already on the internet with the modem you have the modem
cable). I found the crossover cable to be very fast. Another way to go is t=
buy a router/hub and create a permanent network that will allow both
machines to be on-line as well as transfer files back and forth. I don=B9t
think you need to go the CD route unless it=B9s for data back-up to be kept
off-site of the Macs
.

There=B9s probably other ways too but these are the ones I know of.

Garth.