[muglo] Netscape update; disk drives

  • From: Kathryn-Jane Hazel <k.j.hazel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:15:21 -0500

Dear Muglo-ites:

I have a version of Netscape that is quite old - 4.78 I believe - and
should update it.

I have been told there are sites where I can download new versions for
free.

Here's my dumb question: if I download a new version, does it over-ride
my old version?  Will I lose my bookmarks and e-mail addresses if I do
that?

Here's another question.  I have an old Mac - a Macintosh Performa 6400
- and plan to replace it sometime this year, maybe with an IMac or a
Powerbook.

I have a lot of valuable files stored on disks.  If I get a new
computer, how will I access these? Can you still get external disk
drives?

My Mac does take CDs.  Can I transfer those files on disks to CDs?  And
how do I do that?

I'm not up to the technical level of many of you - I have to admit that
a lot of the time some of the discussion threads are incomprehensible to
me.

However, I love Macs, and that's what we have in common!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Kathryn