[muglo] Re: Netscape update; disk drives

  • From: Paul Thomas <paulthomas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:11:31 -0400

Hi Kathryn:

>> Here's another question.  I have an old Mac - a Macintosh Performa 6400
>> - and plan to replace it sometime this year, maybe with an IMac or a
>> Powerbook.
>>
>> I have a lot of valuable files stored on disks.  If I get a new
>> computer, how will I access these? Can you still get external disk
>> drives?

There have been a number of methods suggested  but one that I have used is
to make use of your web  space - which I assume you have with your ISP;
then use the Fetch program to upload from the frst computer the files that
you want to transfer and then download the files usine the Fetch program on
the second computer; this costs nothing if you have the Fetch prog and if
you haven't it is available as a free download!!!  Hope this helps.

Paul