[muglo] Re: Digital Cameras

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:57:12 -0400

Another message I want to add a "me too" to.

The difference in image quality between a 3x and a 6x or 10x lens is
minimal. 3x may seem like all most people need, HOWEVER, you can do _soooo_
much more with a fast zoom lens on a camera. And, this is for normal
"family" shots. You can get up close and personal with your subjects without
having to stand 2 m away from your subject and blind them. You can stand at
the other end of a room and still take a good picture (and, it allows you to
get more candid shots since the camera is not as obvious to the subjects).

I would say that a fast zoom lens is desirable though, and also one that
focus well in low light (longer lenses seem to have more problems focussing
in low light than short ones).

Eric.

>From: SPELL BOUND PUBLISHING <spellboundpub@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [muglo] Re: Digital Cameras
>Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:09:14 -0400
>
>Ilbert,
>
>You might like to consider the Panasonic Lumix with four megapixel and
>12x optical zoom. It has a lens made by Leica, one of the best
>hight-end camera/lens makers in the world. It has image stabilization
>which is wonderful and non-stop video. It is an easy camera to use, is
>very Mac compatible and a lot of fun to use. I owned the two megapixel
>version and really enjoyed it.
>
>I ended up with a Nikon 5700 because I needed the greater pixel
>density, but really miss the extra zoom capability, and the fun aspect
>that the Lumix provided.
>
>If you have trouble with mobility or flexibility, the 12x zoom gets you
>in for the picture, when your feet or back can't.
>
>Larry

Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*