[muglo] Re: Digital Cameras

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Muglo@Freelists. Org" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:54:21 -0400

Actually, Kodak has made some very high-end camera both for still and motion
film in addition to consumer level products in both film and digital...
Follow this link to some of their newer pro products:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/researchDevelopment/productFeatures/DCSProSL
RCameras.shtml

Kodak still has one of the world's largest private R&D labs and is well
respected enough that ALL major camera mfgs, including Canon Nikon Mamiya
Hasselblad do a lot of their design testing at the Rochester lab.

Kodak clearly "know from cameras"at consumer and pro levels. With the market
quickly moving away from film (please don't take my Kodachrome away!) Kodak
will be a major force... The survival of this billion$ photo behemoth
depends on it

BTW for those of you looking around check out kodak's Mac software for
digital photography at:
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/hub/proShots/products/studioBasi
cs/studioBasicsIndex.jhtml

As for HP they were the first to intro a digital Camera back in 1988/89 and
having used several of them, I've found them to be very robust and reliable.