[mswindowsxp] Re: Computer intermittently switches ON.

  • From: "Puetz, Christoph" <christoph.puetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:28:23 -0700

Frequent BIOS and firmware updates are a good thing. In the last 3 or 4
years I have never seen a BIOS update go wrong if applied following proper
procedure. The quality of those things - especially from name brand
manufacturers has dramatically improved. It is actually a must in many cases
to keep up with drivers and service packs. Not updating a BIOS will open the
door to other problems down the road.

Christoph