[mswindowsxp] Re: Computer intermittently switches ON.

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 21:52:54 -0500

Before you do that here is one more thing to check if you use dsl or a cable
modem for a nic. Right click on My network places and choose properties from
the drop down. Double click the local area connection icon and choose
properties again
Click on configure next to your network card and then choose the Power
Management tab.  Untick the box which is chosen by default that reads Allow
the device to turn off the computer to save power and allow this device to
bring the computer out of standby options.  Save and reboot.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net