[mswindowsxp] Computer intermittently switches ON.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:26:18 +1300

Hi, All.
I had been having trouble with the On/Off switch on my computer being difficult
 to switch on (The little silver button on the front of the tower box). As my
computer is still under warranty I dropped it around to the guy I bought it
from. He checked it and said the switch had slipped out of its holder. He
re-clipped it back into its holder and that part is now okay.

Since then, however, the computer will mysteriously switch itself ON perhaps 30
or 40 minutes after I've switched it off. I have disabled all the "Wake up"
settings I can find in BIOS but this hasn't fixed it. I have also done a
complete scan for viruses.

The guy said to drop it back and he will replace the front panel with the one
off his machine, but I would rather find the fault if I can. Can anyone help?

Kind Regards,

Ted.