[mswindowsxp] Re: Computer intermittently switches ON.

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:56:01 -0500

Other than the BIOS 'wake on' settings I can't imagine a valid reason for
the machine to power up. Could be a bad on-off switch; easy to test by
unplugging it (the switch, not the computer). Could be a bad BIOS version
or mobo.

If you have the computer further protected by an external 'power center'
switchbox, it won't come on. But I admit this might be redundant if you
have a good UPS on the system.