[mswindowsxp] Re: Computer intermittently switches ON.

  • From: TFi2397856@xxxxxxx
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:00:55 EST

Ram is an odd thing. On my computer I installed 512 bar of ram and it trashed
the works. The motherboard said it allowed that size bar of ram but not in
real life. I had three Iwill KK266 motherboards and all were the same. Stick in
a bar of 512 and kiss it goodbye. Put in three sticks of 256 all is well. The
ram could be bad also. The maker of the ram, the size and if it is seated
properly is tthe cause of many problems. No only that but sometimes if you push
the ram into the seat to hard the motherboard cracks from the pressure. They
are
cheap and can't take much abuse. Then the goodtimes really start to happen.
God only knows what that will cause. Depends on where the break is. Been there,
done that. Good luck.
Thomas