[modeleng] Re: Shim Stock

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 06:50:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Subject: [modeleng] Re: Shim Stock

Yep.  Tender fingers -- and clumsy ones too -- Jesse.  The calluses from
operating a 10-key adding machine just aren't where they need to be for more
active endeavors.  My operative theory, based on personal history, is that
anything I can break I will break.  And the last thing I need to do during
this stretch run is break a piston ring...or several.  Charles

Charles, et al, on a few particularily stubborn piston rings, I have been known
to use a hose clamp of the type that has a screw thread working in slots around
the clamp.  This will work OK in cases where the piston fits more tightly in
the cylinder than that shim stock will allow.  Oh, be careful and don't cut
your fingers on that aluminium can stock.  It is quite sharp enough to give you
a serious "paper cut" and I am sure you are familiar with those.  Let's get
busy getting the Cli-Shay running, times a'wasting!  Only two weeks to MSLS
meet date.

Jesse