[modeleng] Re: Shim Stock

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:11:29 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I have seen cotton string used as steam line insulation and I have used some
soft ceramic material on some of my stationary model steam lines and under the
boiler lagging of all my models except Newbie which has wood lagging..  I
should think cotton to be the string of choice and I am not stringing you along
here, but I am all strung out now and going to bed.

Jesse

Reckon we'll have a hemp of a good time, Terry....

Anyone use string for boiler lagging and/or to wrap steam pipes on their
models?  If so, what kind?  Cotton?  Fiberglass?  I think nylon would
probably melt and really get strung out.  See....we are back on topic....
Charles