[modeleng] Re: Shim Stock

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 06:35:09 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

While looking for shim stock from which to create an imprompto ring
compressor, it occurred to me that most folks have an unlimited supply of
shim stock close at hand.  It does have to be liberated from beverage or
other cans....  The piece I just freed from a Diet Coke (USA) can mics
0.0041" (and yes, Jesse, that is a real measured tenth and not Kentucky
windage).  Charles

Good thinking Charles, but why can't you do as I said and just squeeze the ring
together with your finger tips or has a life of accounting and book keeping
left you with tinder fingers??

Jesse