[modeleng] Re: Shim Stock

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:09:08 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I is a bit worried that that there aluminium beer can he is using might be a
bit soft and piston rings will maybe shave off a bit, but hopefully not.  I
just want him to get the thing back together in time for the meet in two weeks!
 I made him a new piston rod, from CRS to replace the bent stainless one and
shipped it off yesterday so he has it in his hot little accountant hands now.
All the 1/4" stainless I had was 2" long and I couldn't figure how to stretch
it like I did the 20 foot long 12" "I" beam I cut in two pieces for the
sawmill.  Got it stretched enough to fit across floor purlons that were 10 feet
6" apart and had a bit left over.

Jesse in beautiful Tennessee by the mighty one mile wide Mississippi River

You're learnin' Chas - keep up the good work.