[modeleng] Re: Pickle

  • From: "Tim Rickard" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:45:43 +0000

Hi Ron
You can certainly use a soil testing kit: they contain universal indicator.
Shake up a bit of superntant (fancy talk for the runny bit) with the kit and
if it is anywhere near neutral you are home free. Pricy way of buying
universal indicator tho'. pH is a log scale so pH 8 has 10 times the number
of hydrogen ions (if they exist: don't get me started on a modeleng list) as
pH 7 but anywhere between about pH 4 and 10 really is neutral for our
purposes