[modeleng] Re: Modelworks

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:16:54 +0100

Hi Garry and All,

I think that most of the members on this group are well aware of the
problems of Winson and Modelworks.
It has aways given me a good laugh when I see the boards hung up on the
Modelworks stand to which are attached the "Only Tools You Need"
I reckon that having a Lathe hanging up there would be a bit dangerous and
as for the idea of building the loco on a Kitchen table Ha Ha.
Just for the hell of it I recently assembled a Winson 14XX and the total
number of mods and improvements to it were 47.
I think if you treat the Modelworks kits as a supicious part built, check
everything and make improvements as you go along they do save you a lot of
time and a nice engine can be the result.
The motto is trust nothing and plan ahead.
The other thing is that you did well to get the reps at the shows to talk to
you.
I have been to three shows this year and they seem to have the remarkable
ability to not see you on their stand.One of our group was even stopped by
them from taking photos on their stand.
I think that the reps must have developed some sort of sixth sense to sort
out the customers with problems and the novice hopefuls who will believe
what they say.

Regards

Clif
PM