[modeleng] Re: Modelworks

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:16:51 +0100

Hi All,

Yes I had a look on the Modelworks stand and was not impressed.
They still seem to impress the innocents who believe that with a screwdriver
and a kitchen table a steam engine can be constructed.
Maybe I am just a cynical unbeliever but I am always amused by the board
hanging up with a few basic tools fixed to it and with a label which states
" All the tools you need".
Perhaps it would be difficult to strap a lathe to it and it might put people
off.
They also seem to be unwilling to chat unless you are waving a cheque book
under their noses.
There were two guys on the stand,one seem to spend all his time playing with
a Radio Controlled tank and the other when I did get a word out of him
insisted that did did not know anything about locos as Traction Engines were
his thing.
Why the hxxl was he there then?

Regards

Clif