[mira_talk] Re: Regarding Time-estimate of mira

  • From: Peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:52:36 +0000

Hi all,

Evan - Perhaps you miss-read Ganga's email? Or maybe I am...

If the miramem estimate (about 70GB) is right, he should be fine with
512GB of RAM (that's a lot more more than I have access to!).

Based on Evan's time of 7 hours for 8 million Solexa reads, I think
Ganga should try it overnight and see. If it is still running, I think
from the log files would be possible to give an estimate of the
required run time.

Peter