[mira_talk] Re: Regarding Time-estimate of mira

  • From: Evan <evan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:24:11 -0800

Last run I did with 8m solexa 60bp reads on normal took just under 7 hours
with 67+GB of ram and once you run out of ram your computer has to use the
hard drive which is 1000 times slower.

I think its safe to say with your assembly and hardware you would be looking
at months (?years possibly?)

According to this site
http://www.terryscomputertips.com/computers/speed-of-virtual-memory-versus-ram/
it is a difference of* *1,300,000 x slower