[macvoiceover] Re: Repairing permissions.

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:46:02 -0400

Ah, the power!

I think verify does not repair though.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Castonguay" <jcast@xxxxxxxx>
To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 2:42 PM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: Repairing permissions.

Hello.

Just to add to Keith's information: If you are a Linux terminal fan,
you may find the procedure there a little easier as I did.  At the
terminal prompt, enter the following:

diskutil repairpermissions /

You can also type:

diskutil verifypermissions /

but both appear to do the same thing.  There are a lot of things one
can do with this command and you can find out just what by reading the
man page:

man diskutil

Perhaps no one cares about this stuff, but I thought I'd put it out
there for those who might like to know.

Best regards,

-Jason

--