[macvoiceover] Maintenance each month on a mac

  • From: "Scott Rutkowski" <scott7442@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:54:47 +1000

Hi all.

being new to the mac can anyone tell me and anyone else who may be interested,
what maintenance does one need to do to keep their mac in tip top shape?
I've heard you have to repair permisions each month and every 6 months you have
to zap the p ram.
can anyone tell me exactly if there's any  other maintenance one must do to
their macs?
I'm familiar with what one needs to do to keep a windows machine in good shape
but the mac is a whole new experience. I'm enjoying the experience and I never
thought i'd say it but man i'm so glad to have a mac and hardly use windows
anymore.
The mac is absolutely brilliant and i'm really greatful to apple for voice over
and great access to the mac.
I know there are always improvements that can be made but right now we have it
pretty good and again thanks to the list for any assistance.