[lit-ideas] Re: smartboards ?

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 21:53:25 -0500

Julie Krueger wrote:
One would think (well, this one would), that with all the "friends" I have on Facebook, a general plea for anyone with experience with smartboards would receive a response. One would be wrong. Considering all the teachers who are on this list, I thought I'd throw the net out here. I haven't been in a classroom in years (I teach privately in my home Studio), and am going to be teaching starting next week in a classroom equipped with a smartboard -- I have a couple basic questions about the way they function. Anyone willing to let me pick your brain a bit?

We have them in several classrooms, although I haven't taught in a room with one yet. I'm supposed to know the basics, although I wasn't paying much attention a year ago when they tried to tell us about them but it looked like we weren't actually going to get any for a long time. I can always ask some of my other Luddite (caps?) teacher friends about questions I don't know, or I can just make up a likely answer, but I'm willing to help if I can. I can say that a few things I remember gave the distinct impression of them being pretty "dumb" boards for being so smart.

 Use email address jwager@xxxxxxxxxx