[lit-ideas] Re: smartboards ?

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:49:53 -0700

On Sep 21, 2012, at 4:26 PM, Julie Krueger wrote:

> Yes -- retaking my maiden name.  Mostly Scots, German & Irish on my Dad's
> side, with a bit of English thrown in for good measure.  I could tell you
> stories...

On the one hand my grandfather was in the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.
Look at the muster rolls and you'll find an extraordinary number of Campbells.
He named his first child Campbell, so he must have had some admiration for
them.  But there's also that business in Glencoe, and the general reputation of
the Dukes of Argyll, from whom...by the way...Jenny Marx, wife of Karl, was
descended.  Grand daughter of one of them, she was.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon