[lit-ideas] Re: question on immigration

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:04:44 -0500

Mexicans have more clout in the U.S. than in Mexico?  That's a sad state of
affairs.  My guess is that it's simply easier to sneak into the U.S. than it is
to clean up their own politics.  Fox certainly doesn't need anybody rocking his
boat with demands for change, plus illegals bring as much money into his
country as his biggest export, oil.  He loves it.  Archie Bunker once asked a
union member, I can't get any less, right?  That's what the Mexicans are doing,
taking the jobs nobody wants, for minimum wage, recreating Mexico here in the
U.S. instead of improving their own society and raising standards for workers
generally.  Corporations have no incentive to change with such willing
accomplices.  A society in which normal is unmarried mothers with children by
multiple absent and/or abusive fathers provides the perfect mindset for this
race to the bottom.