[lit-ideas] Re: education

  • From: Thomas Hart <tehart@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:09:54 -0500

My objection to the Realism course is the inclusion of Pauline Hopkins, Sui Sin
Far, and Zitkala Sa. I suspect that these are non-entities who are included not
because they are good, but because of their race or gender.

"One god I can understand, but one wife? It is not generous.... It is not
civilized." Sheik Ilderim, Ben-Hur, 1959

Thomas Hart
tehart@xxxxxxx