[lit-ideas] Re: "education"

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:44:15 EST

I'm thinking this is somehow a result of "No Child Left Behind"......no to
the reality show, as to "Language Arts" it is a separate subject from "Reading"
and seems to be comprised of exceedingly rudimentary grammar (underline the
verb and tell whether it is past, present, or future) and learning to recognize
appropriate sequencing.  Frankly, I'm thinking of printing off all of the
lit-id's responses to this assignment, stapling them together, and turning them
in
to the teacher for her <g>.
Julie