[lit-ideas] Re: education

  • From: Ursula Stange <ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 19:33:29 -0400

Well...in our little college in Northern Ontario, the liberal arts have to be
argued for almost every year.   There's very little support for programs that
can't find connections with or support from the mercantile/industrial world
outside our doors (of very little perception...).

That said, we do have some amazing students who very much do want a liberal
arts education.   They didn't always know that coming in...but things turn them
on.

Sent from my kitchen...