[lit-ideas] Re: education

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 16:49:59 -0400

From Andy:If an employer has a choice between an English major and a business
major, which one do you think he'll probably hire for his marketing department?
 That business as a major has proliferated speaks for itself.

If that business person  is hiring for the marketing department, psychologists
and linguists would be a far better choice.  Both in liberal arts departments I
believe.  A combination of these two disciplines would be unbeatable.  I would
hire that person in a second.  Just consider what advertising has done to/for
people and the language of politics.  Watch Republicans, every one, repeat the
same word or same phrase.  One of the keys to persuasion is repetition.   Read
about Frank Lutz the master,  below.  Although his Ph.DO is in political
science, check the box at left for what he specializes in.  And all over the
world, too.  All liberal arts studies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luntz

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI