[lit-ideas] Re: amazing employment application questions

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:09:43 -0700

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

So, let's say I'm paralyzed from the waist down in a wheelchair, but my clerical skills are outstanding (if I do say so myself). So they're asking me if I am able to perform the clerical duties if the building does not have wheelchair access?

Not as I read the question. I've deleted (sorry) the post in which you transcribed the original wording. But 'with or without' is surely inclusive: can you do the job if you have reasonable accomodations, or can you do it without any special accomodations. Can you do it, whichever it turns out to be? 'Can you read it now, or will you need more light to read it?' (If you're illiterate, the lighting won't matter.)

Here's more about 'reasonable accomodation.'

http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/accommodation.html

Robert Paul