[lit-ideas] Re: Worst Case Scenarios

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:46:09 -0400

[Eric quoting a report of the new laser weapons]

Omar: Then I suppose the Iranian nukes, when and if it gets them, should be no problem. But I trust that in the next post they will suddenly become a horrible threat again.

Eric: They were always a horrible threat. At best this weaponry will be able to take out a couple missiles in the launch phase over Iran.

That our laser technology makes the Iranian threat less strategically credible DOES NOT make the danger they pose less real. Instead, as in my earlier post, it underscores Iran's ridiculous lust for nuclear weaponry. It won't protect Iran. It will only make the rest of the world less safe.