[lit-ideas] Re: Worst Case Scenarios

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:41:20 -0400

>>*I would think that Iran's complex power structure makes it more safe in terms of starting a nuclear war.

This ignores a basic complaint. Iran is the leading sponsor of terrorism in the world. If they have nukes, they will be able to pursue their terrorist goals under what to them is the security of nuclear weapons.

This will either lead to a much more dangerous world, with more nations nuking up and more terrorism or an all-out nuclear conflict.

The claim that they are seeking some sort of "deal" by acquiring nuclear weapons is silly. There is nothing the West can offer them that will dissuade them from seeking to acquire nukes.