[lit-ideas] Re: Worst Case Scenarios

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:30:06 -0400

The problem isn't in having a plan.  It's in the preemption for something
that *might* happen and then beating the war drums and looking for every
excuse to have a war.  In the movie The Pope of Greenwich Village, Daryl
Hannah slaps Mickey Rourke to bring him to his senses.  Mickey Rourke says,
hit me again, see if I'll change.  That's what this discussion is like.  We
found out the hard way with Iraq.  We'll find out the hard way with Iran.
So be it.