[lit-ideas] Re: The de-islamization of Europe

  • From: joerg benesch <jgruel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:04:55 +0100

Andreas Ramos schrieb:
So Lawrence is saying that Christianity is correctly understood as "militant Christianity"? And the "militant" isn't a metaphor? Is this what he means?
Well, Andreas, Lawrence seems to be extremely picky when it comes to nailing him down on the exact meaning, or the reasonable implications, of his verbal atrocities. He's on low credibility when ranting about the poor Serbs' serf-like treatment (which would have looked like heaven to the indigenous, or black, or simply non-WASP, citizens of the US-American Liberal Democracy of that time), but I can see his eyes sparkle at the sight of those unwashed "Black Hand" chetniks dealing their absurd orthodox superstitions killing, burning, raping, looting - Gavrilo Princip nor being a verwirrter aufgehetzter Schwachkopf, but some kind of crusading Wyatt Earp. Lawrence accuses me of painting him altogether wrong, but I think I'm right to say he paints Jesus whirling around a pump-gun.

joerg
from Suebia