[lit-ideas] Re: The de-islamization of Europe

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:52:02 -0800

From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Why? Because you're probably mistaken. I'd say that some of the Eastern European nations are less well developed. Romania certainly and possibly Bulgaria and Poland. Obviously, there's a reason for that and if you like Lawrence you can ramble on about the backward nature of former communist states. We'll let you do that I'm sure.

But China would be a problem; it's doing too well.

Both Spain and India are "former" Islamic states; both were Islamic for 500-600
years.

So the theory will have to accomodate those as well.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com