[lit-ideas] Re: The Medium is the Message

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:30:23 -0700 (PDT)

Fair enough.  I wonder though, if someone in an experience is the best judge of
that experience.  Sometimes an outsider's view is the more accurate one.  My
guess is that on Facebook there is no irritation, no dissenting view, nothing
to get in the way of the fun.  A lot of people doing something doesn't
necessarily redeem it; the Nazi party, the tulip bubble among a litany of mass
hysterias.  In a meaningless universe, maybe fun is the ultimate answer.
However, I think we need to define fun.  If the choice is an endless walk
through an amusement park as opposed to some intellectual hedonism, I
will pontificate for the latter.

Andy