[lit-ideas] Re: Sustaining our Resolve

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:11:57 +0100

(appropriately, I've just been watching Wag the Dog)

LH>8)       We have developed and trained the Iraqi Army
>such that it can handle external threats and internal threats
> of any foreseeable size.

we have?  we (the UK) are still training Iraqi Army instructors;
40 at
a time, on three-month courses, in Wales.  One week before they
were due to return to Iraq, one went AWOL (in Cardiff, that's
how I know).

 But if we have, how come the UK and UK troops show no sign of
leaving?

You are *in denial* re Iraq.

Judy Evans, Cardiff