[lit-ideas] Re: Sustaining our Resolve

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:18:08 -0400

Bernard Lewis is a neocon.  He promoted the "they'll greet us as liberators;
they'll greet us with flowers" plan.  He also is the author if the "clash of
civilizations idea" three years before Huntington.  Basically, we wished our
into this mess with his help.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/54a/051.html

"We?re now viewed as destroyers, and destruction is the retort.  This is the
?new Middle East? that is aborning ? one of relentless violence ? if we do not
end our own relentless violence there.  The would-be bombers in London are a
reminder of how close it is."

John Tirman is Executive Director of MIT's Center for International Studies.
His most recent book is 100 Ways America Is Screwing Up the World (Harper
Perennial, 2006).

http://www.alternet.org/story/40221/?comments=view&cID=176841&pID=176516

Also interesting is, if three years old; he certainly hasn't been proved wrong:

http://www.topplebush.com/article1_recpres.shtml

I'm still waiting to hear what we accomplished in Iraq, Lawrence.