[lit-ideas] Re: Sustaining our Resolve

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:57:32 -0700

Lawrence, surely you remember what the Islamic terrorists did from 1982 to 1989 in Afghanistan.

Early in his article, (George Schultz) describes our passive phase, during
which we largely ignored Islamist assassinations and terrorist activities.

This "statement" is staggering in duplicity. It's not merely a lie. It's a complete whitewash of history. Schultz is not merely lying about the Islamic Jihad, nor about the USSR, but about his own administration. He was Secretary of State for Ronald Reagan. He knew perfectly well what was going on.

"We made no serious response to any of these bloody assaults."

Really? The Reagan administration, which included Schultz, funded, supported, directed, and encouraged Islamic assassination and terrorist activities.

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_in_Afghanistan

Look, you'll now insist that I have to read Schultz's document, and if I don't, you'll say that I don't know what I'm talking about. Lawrence, you're selecting writers who are trying to rewrite history, even things that we remember personally.

Really, Lawrence, you don't remember what Reagan and Casey did in Afghanistan?

You don't remember any of that yourself?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com